Managing social media channels for your business can be very time consuming. By getting organized at the start of the month, you will save yourself a lot of time throughout it! Each month you should take some time to plan out your social media schedule. We recommend you do this 2 – 4 week in advance to ensure that you’re organised. Stay on track with your posting schedule and deliver engaging content to your followers.
Here is a list of daily social media must do’s
- Check your notifications in the morning and randomly throughout the day. Turning on your notifications makes this process easier as you can monitor if any comments or reviews are made to your page while your not actively on social media and respond in a timely matter or re-tweet anything that is relevant. Monitoring and management of your pages are very important when working to maintain credibility online.
- Post everyday! This of course depends on what social media channel you’re on BUT at a minimum most require daily posting. As an example, we recommend posting to Facebook once per day and Instagram 2-3 times per day.
- Follow the posts and comments within the groups you’re a member of. It is important to be an active group member so other members get to know who you are and you can do this by posting within the group or commenting on any posts that have been made since you last visited.
- To grow your network and increase brand awareness it is important to follow, engage and share from other pages/accounts you’re following. Go through and like, comment or share interesting posts you read that may be of benefit to your own network.
- Review & Report. You should be checking each day how well your channels are performing. This will ensure you keep on track to achieving set KPI’s and give you time to tweak future posts. In effect, making sure your getting the most out of your efforts.
So how long should this all take each day – that’s hard to answer as it really will come down to how active you want to be and how quickly you want to grow your brand and awareness. If you stick to the daily tips listed above and plan your calendar in advance, then aim for 30 minutes to one hour (broken up if needed) each day.
Katrina Giura – Gloss Marketing Communications